Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Julie and Julia Moment

I love lists. To-do lists imply an eventual achievement of goals. My own to-do lists guarantee success. Who makes a practical to-do lists of things they can't do? It's the epitome of counter-productivity.

The other day I purchased the book "1001 Books to Read Before You Die." It's a list I think I can achieve. I've already read 48 of them, so I'm well on my way. Plus, I own a bunch of other books on the list, but haven't gotten around to reading them. To "check" off a book, I'll update here, and write a review of sorts. The comments for the works I've previously read will be sorter, but should give a decent account of what I thought of the book and it's intrinsic themes. Hopefully some readers out on the world wide web will enjoy this, or even get some reading ideas themselves!

So here's to my commitment to read all 1001 of the books on the list....it's going to be epic!

"She is too fond of books, and it has ruined her brain." (Louisa May Alcott)

No comments:

Post a Comment